BCFR serves approximately 2,000 individuals of all ages and income levels with a diagnosed developmental disability who reside in Boone County. Established by the passage of a special tax levy in 1976, BCFR’s mission is to help people with developmental disabilities to thrive in the community, connect with others, and achieve their personal goals.
There are three program areas in which this is accomplished: Family & Community Living Support, Life & Work Connections, and Supported Living. Each of these three program areas enables BCFR to provide many opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to find the combination of services and supports they want or need to develop their capacity, and live healthier, more active lives.
Our Career Opportunities
Direct Support Professional
Starting at $15/hour with incentives; additional incentives for weekends and specialized supports are available. Eligible for merit-based raises at 6 months, 1 Year and annually thereafter.
Full Time and Part Time positions available with shifts ranging from 4 – 8 hours in the evenings and weekends. Direct Support Professionals work with individuals with ID/DD in their homes in a 24/7 residential complex.
Duties may include:
Developing a rapport with residents and cultivating a safe and supportive relationship
Assisting individuals with disabilities thriving in their homes by providing support with completing personal hygiene, grooming, cooking, laundry, cleaning and shopping.
Supporting individuals with connecting in the community by assisting with transportation to work, activities and appointments and providing support as needed during activities at various community locations.
Encouraging individuals to achieve their personal goals through implementation of planned services and working collaboratively with other team members.
- At least 18 years old
- High school Diploma/GED
- Access to licensed and insured vehicle
- Ability to obtain a Class E Chauffeurs license
- Demonstrate responsibility and maturity with excellent communication skills
- Ability to pass applicable background checks and a pre-employment drug screening
Why Work for Us?
The mission of Boone County Family Resources (BCFR) is to Thrive, Connect, and Achieve! This is the foundation for our services and for our employees.
BCFR has supported individuals with developmental disabilities since 1976. Our Supported Living Program was the first program we developed.
We offer competitive pay, a rewarding work environment, and a place that values and acknowledges your unique talents. Full and Part-time positions are available.
BCFR is committed to your career development
- On-going paid training opportunities
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills by participating on an agency committee or be an Ambassador for new employees
- Opportunities for advancement in positions that do not require a Bachelor’s degree
- We consider all qualified internal applicants for position openings
- BCFR is committed to your overall success, an overview of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive starting pay
- Regular, Scheduled Pay Increases based on successful performance
- Paid Time Off (sick days and vacation); vacation increases with tenure
- Holiday Pay for 11 Holidays for Full time employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, including opportunity to cover family
- Agency Paid Term Life Insurance for Full-Time Staff
- Voluntary Benefits Including Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Retirement Plan with LAGERS providing a defined benefit plan with a 5 year vested schedule
2700 West Ash, Columbia, Missouri 65203
Enter your contact information, and the providers selected above will reach out to begin the process.